Master The Code
Master The Code (MTC) is a multi-sensory reading and spelling program. Based on the most recent scientific research, MTC develops the underlying skills necessary to become a proficient reader.
These skills include:
- Attention – the ability to stay on a given task.
- Memory – the ability to remember the sound-symbol relationship.
- Processing Speed and Working Memory – the ability to retain incoming information and properly process it quickly.
- Auditory Analysis – the ability to manipulate or analyze small changes in groups or sounds.
- Blending – the ability to put together sounds to form words.
- Segmenting – the ability to separate sounds.
- Visualization – the ability to create and use mental images.
MTC uses techniques that result in rapid mastery and automation of reading and spelling. These techniques include:
- Immediate Feedback: one-on-one training allows for immediate correction of errors and encouragement of correct responses.
- Concentration: training drills are used that require a student’s full attention which bring quicker results since more time is spent on task.
- Sequencing: presentation of information from simple to complex in small steps which results in quick and easy mastery.
- Stretching: activities are used that challenge or stretch the student to improve.
- Loading: acquiring automation and the mastery of skills to a subconscious level by adding task upon task, concurrently.
The use of these techniques aligns the sequence of reading and spelling instruction with the logic of the alphabetic system and results in the most rapid mastery and automation of reading and spelling. MTC is a multi-faceted program that results in improved reading comprehension.