Mary Conway, M.Ed.
- Bradenton Preparatory Academy – Bradenton, FL – Resource Director
- The Pendleton School at the IMG Academies – Bradenton, FL – Director of the Learning Resource Center
- Gulf Coast Marine Institute – Bradenton, FL – ESE Department Chair
- Master of Arts in Education – University of South Florida
- Bachelor of Science in Education – University of South Florida
- Certified Irlen Screener & Diagnostician
- Certified Handwriting Without Tears Specialist
- Certified PACE Trainer
- Certified Master the Code (MTC) Trainer
- Specific Learning Disabilities, K-12
- Emotionally Handicapped, K-12
- Gifted Endorsement, K-12
Special Training Opportunities:
- PACE Certified Trainer (Processing and Cognitive Enhancement)
- Brain Compatible Learning – “Teaching with the Brain in Mind” – Eric Jensen
- Brain Gym
- CRISS Strategies
- Peer Mediation
- School Law
- Rational Emotive Therapy
- Conflict Resolution/Violence Prevention
- Intensive Training in Verbal and Non-Verbal Communication Skills
- Parent-Teacher Conferencing
- Motivating Teaching by Performance Learning Systems, Inc.
- Youth and Drugs by Mender Foundation
- Collaborative Consultation
- Intensive training in Managing Productive Schools
- Direct Instruction — Cultural Diversity — Active Listening
- Florida Online Reading for Professional Development (FOR-PD)
- Florida Center for Teachers Alumni
- Pilot Project/National Certification for Special Education Teachers
- Suncoast Teacher Training Honors Program (SCATT)
- Soroptimist International of St. Petersburg Training Award for Female Head of Household
- USF Alumni Scholarship
- Student Council for Exceptional Children/Student Education Association Intern Scholarship
- Outstanding Senior, 1992, USF
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Kappa Delta Pi
- Golden Key National Honor Society
Irlen Syndrome is a perceptual processing disorder that can be treated non-invasively with the Irlen Method.
Handwriting Without Tears
Handwriting Without Tears is a step by step approach to help students learn to print and write cursive.
Touch Math teaches students to add, subtract, multiply and divide through the use of touch points on numbers or coins.
Processing and Cognitive Enhancement. A brain based learning program that strengthens processing in 26 major learning areas.